This is a free conference. Friday, November 7, 2008 at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Some of the e-learning sessions listed in the program include:
- Care to Moodle? Description: Overview and demonstration of the open source online course platform, Moodle.
- Matching Practice to Outcome. Description: An Examination of Online Teaching from Multiple Perspectives-- students, interns and professor. Presentation of information from a research project that systematically examined the practice of online teaching to discover what works, what is challenging and the relationship between practices and outcomes.
- My Online Course Speaks to Every Student--Does Yours? Description: Discussion of accessibility issues surrounding D2L (and/or other learning management systems). Part 1-Becoming aware of the various barriers to learning for many students in courses delivered with D2L and developing awareness of work arounds to these barriers. Part 2-Tips and tools for developing accessible curriculum materials.
- Online Tools for Active Learning. Description: Demonstration and panel discussion of discussion in bulletin board postings vs. chats, setting up online peer review groups to discuss drafts in writing intensive courses, using wikis with second language learners, and the use of Adobe Connect and SitePal in an online, simulation-based course.
- Online vs. Hybrid. Description: Discussion of observations of differences in course design, implementation and management between online and hybrid courses with first year students; and factors to consider when deciding to offer hybrid or online course delivery. Self-check questions included for those considering offering hybrid or online formats (particularly in undergraduate courses).