Presentation Feedback

Back in October I gave a presentation titled "Ten Things I'd Change about Minnesota Online" at the statewide MnSCU CAO/CSSO/Deans Meetings in October. It was attended by about 15 administrators from some of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities. Twelve people completed evaluations for the session and overall the ratings were very good. What strikes me most though are the open comments. It gives me hope that I am not the only person who has thoughts like these, but it also discourages me in that I see absolutely no evidence that anyone else has the gumption to do anything about ANY of these things.

I entered this year as Chair of the MnOnline Council with big hopes and even bigger ideas to help spearhead some changes to improve things. What I am finding is that this is not an important position within MnSCU, there is no real power to persuade people to change things, and we really do nothing more than get together every two months to chat. In the next post I'll give my mid-year report for the MnOnline Council.

Here are the comments from my presentation attendees in October:
  • Great discussion with hard questions.
  • Thought provoking
  • Great conversation and food for thought!
  • Great conversation – needs to continue
  • Wonderful sharing and information
  • Good questions. You are asking the right questions.
  • Thanks for getting these difficult issues out in the open. What to do next? I have “Q’s” about services – proctoring, accuplacer, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ed2Go is NOT Higher Education

Another Switch from Blackboard to Desire2Learn

Distance Education and Reauthorization