I received this email today from Angel:
Burning the midnight oil worrying about the future of your Learning Management System? Vendor consolidation has left you with fewer options as unknowns increase. Take a moment to consider this: It's not too late to explore options. ANGEL is a collaborative LMS that doesn't require the resource investment of a pure open source deployment. ANGEL is different. Our approach is simple.
- We Listen: Hundreds of ANGEL features suggested by our customer community.
- We Respond:> 75% of service requests responded to and resolved in less than 24 hours.
- We Exceed Expectations: Your success is a measure of our success.
This brings up a few questions for me:
- Exactly what is a "collaborative LMS?" They are trying to sound somewhat open source-like, but not (and of course, they are not).
- Would any of these vendors ever say, "Hey, changing LMS is a bee-atch! But, do it anyway!" ?
- Exceeding expectations is easy if expectations are low ... none of these vendors have mature products, so why do we expect so much from them?
- As unknowns increase? I would be thrilled if the unknowns just hit a plateau.