PSOL Strengths for Lake Superior College
Our 2006 Institutional report for the Noel-Levitz PSOL identified the following strengths for LSC Online (listed in rank order beginning with the strongest item).
- 11. Student assignments are clearly defined in the syllabus.
- 18. Registration for online courses is convenient.
- 33. Logging-in (managing usernames and passwords) for various services across the campus is easy and consistent. (Campus item 7)
- 6. Tuition paid is a worthwhile investment.
- 25. Faculty are responsive to student needs.
- 7. Program requirements are clear and reasonable.
- 3. Instructional materials are appropriate for program content. **
- 23. Billing and payment procedures are convenient for me.
- 13. The frequency of student and instructor interactions is adequate.
Strengths are defined as those items above the mid-point in importance and in the top quartile of satisfaction, for your institution only. In other words, it is possible to have something identified as a strength when it is not a very favorable score, such as falling below the national average. I have a hard time seeing that as a strength.
To really consider something as a strength, I believe that it must be both an internal strength (as defined by Noel-Levitz) and an external strength which means that it exceeds the performance level of the national group or preferably it exceeds the performance of a peer group (as defined by me).
Technorati Tags: PSOL, Noel-Levitz, LSConline