Desire2Pod Cast 9: D2L and Blackboard

I recently received a request to be interviewed by Jonathon Lunardi about the Blackboard patent suit against Desire2Learn as well as other things related to e-Learning and learning management systems.

Jonathon is the CEO of SINAPSE Consulting and the COO of SyncRoots and is generally interested in the e-Learning marketplace. 

This podcast only contains two of the six questions and answers from the interview. To keep the podcast length a bit smaller, I've divided the interview into chunks. I'm not sure if I'll post the first two-question chunk because I'm not so sure that it's very interesting ... in my own opinion my answers were rather boring and long-winded. 

What I'm posting below is the audio from questions 3 & 4 that Jonathon asked during our nearly hour-long interview.
   
  • 00:50 - Jonathon asks if D2L is the main competitor to Blackboard, are there others? 
  • 03:15 - Angel's competitive position 
  • 03:50 - eCollege and others 
  • 04:15 - Open source platforms 
  • 05:25 - WebCT schools speculation about renewals 
  • 06:10 - Jonathon asks what makes D2L more attractive than Blackboard 
  • 06:50 - Some of the reasons why MnSCU chose D2L 
  • 10:35 - Our risks in choosing D2L 
  • 11:40 - Licensing costs 
  • 12:30 - Jonathon's closing comments about Oklahoma (OU) choosing D2L

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ed2Go is NOT Higher Education

Another Switch from Blackboard to Desire2Learn

Distance Education and Reauthorization